Monday, June 13, 2011

Eat Your Greens!

Love Your Beets
One of the single best things I did last year was subscribe to a CSA.  I learned about new veggies, experimented with new recipes, gained a new hangout (our pick-up spot is Cafe Domenico in Utica- a java joint that sells local products) and taught the little man the value of learning about where your food comes from!  We visited The Farm, several times last year and were warmly welcomed by our farmers, Michael and Laura. I learned that I love beets and radishes and how to make garlic scape pesto. Our first haul is today and I can't wait to share with you what we create with our bounty.  It's the best way to get your kids to eat their greens!  Do you have any favorite greens recipes? Please share in the comments!
Week One from 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment