Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Friendship Bread

If you were looking closely at my previous post on books, you may notice one of my summer picks at the library was a book called Friendship Bread by Darien Gee.  A while back, I was given a starter for Amish Friendship Bread, I was supposed to tend to the bag of bread for 10 days, adding new ingredients on Day 6 and 10.  I failed, I never made it.   After reading this quirky story of how a trio of women merge a friendship over the bread, combined with the importance of small communities, I found myself wanting to bake along with these women.  Luckily the book included recipes; 10 days from now, I will have 3 starter bags, holler if you are interested in creating your own Friendship Bread, if not, I may just leave it on your doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment