Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Enjoying the Outdoors

Although I love planning fun outings, part of the fun of living in the country is just enjoying sun shiney days!  Today was the first day the little man returned to school after breaking his wrist and the first day I had time to return to spinning class after the accident.  After a quick trip to the library to pick up some new reads....
What are you reading this summer?
I returned home to throw together a healthy dinner for the family.  I used many of the fresh veggies included in my CSA to make this delectable feast.  We enjoyed quiche with mushrooms, zucchini and green garlic and fresh oregoano (both from the CSA) and a salad with strawberries and grilled chicken (both from local farms).  Since it was a gorgeous evening, we ate outside.
I promise to take better photos, but everyone was so hungry to dive in!!!  I then spent the evening trying to trim up and clean out our rose bush.  It has some great flowers and buds, but still looks pretty wild!


Suggestions anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment