Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mommy Field Trip

Have I mentioned how much I am in love with farmer's markets?  When living in Washington D.C., I lived in walking distance of Eastern Market.  It is one of the oldest public markets in the country and still has an incredibly eclectic group of fresh food & produce and arts & crafts vendors.  The lunch counter inside is one of my favorite places to eat in the city, (crabcake sandwiches and blueberry buckwheat pancakes YUMMO!), all incredibly fresh and cheap.  


I heard yesterday on the radio that EmMi beads in Clinton is closing this weekend, so I thought I would visit today to see if I could score any deals, I coupled this with my first trip to the Clinton Farmer's market, being on a Thursday, I have never been able to attend as a "working mommy."  I am in awe of all that this market had to offer, there was a range of organically grown produce, meats that are raised humanely, handmade cheeses, eggs and poultry from free-range fowl, as well as heirloom produce and local specialties.  In addition, there were plenty of stands selling homemade goods from candles to cards, from jewelry to art. 





Since, I am a CSA subscriber I currently have a large haul of veggies I need to consume, this was mainly a scouting trip for future summer visits, but I did buy a few fabulous things.  






A basil plant from The Farm, Lemon Thyme Goat Cheese from Jones Family Farm, some olive bread rolls, and a can of Citrus Sweet Leaf Tea, which I enjoyed during my browsing.  


I can't wait to go back!!!  Tonight is date night with the Little Man.  I think we are heading to The Deerfield Field Days to enjoy the rides and Dashboard Nixon, we'll see how much he can do with just one arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment